DIY Pinecone Bird Feeder Tutorial
Birds must use lots of energy to maintain their body temperatures. In winter, when insects and berries are harder to come by, birds are especially thankful for additional food sources. By creating your own pinecone bird feeder you can help out your neighborhood birds and create more opportunities for up-close bird observation.
SunButter or peanut butter
Knife or spoon
Plate or pie tin
1. Tie twine around the pinecone. You will later use this twine to attach the finished feeder to a tree branch.
2. Use a knife or spoon to spread the SunButter or peanut butter on your pinecone in an even coating.
3. Dump your birdseed on a plate or in a pie tin, and roll and press your pinecone in the seed until it is thoroughly coated.
4. Hang your finished pinecone bird feeder in a tree in a visible location.
5. Observe your feeder to see who is coming to eat!
Want us to send you everything you need? Order the DIY Pinecone Bird Feeder Kit today, with FREE U.S. shipping!